Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Biking in winter months

Hi Bikers

Well, winter is here and the chill is in the air. The cold whether may try it's best to deter us from doing what we do best; it is not going to stop us from swinging our legs over our two-wheeled beauties. In fact winter is the season that I prefer to ride, no rain, no ditches and potholes filled with dirty water, no catching cold and no more soggy rides. So zip up your leather jackets and get those riding boots on, the road beckons.

In my opinion a good leather jacket is vital for any biker during winter months. Leather protects us from direct wind and acts as a good insulator against the chill, well I have my black leather bomber jacket ready, How about you?? Boots are another important requirement in the cold season, it not only keeps your feet warm but also protects them in case of spills. I also recommend gloves as an important addition to your winter biking session, a lot of fancy gloves are readily available in the market, pick one of them; as for me my simple black leather gloves will surely keep my fingers warm and functional. As for the dust and smoke chocking kathmnadu valley, it will be foolish not to go out without proper protection to the eyes, also wear nose and mouth mask which will at least keep out some amount of dust and smoke, if not all. Helmets are the most important additions, in fact compulsory. Please do not ride without proper protection to the head, I have invested generously in getting the best helmet available.

Well, with all the protection in place, time to hit the road guys. I m thinking of riding up to Dolpa this winter; but I don't think I will be riding up there in my old bullet (fuel issues). Instead I will be riding my uncle's off-road Moto x styled Apollo Rx for this purpose. I m sure my ride is going to be adrenaline pumping and fun, of course, safety will be my 1st concern. We are five of us raring to go, eagerly waiting for December 26 for the commencement of this trip.

I m aware that the terrain will be rough and challenging, but that is exactly what I want....challenge to explore the biker in me, to get the experiencing riding on the trails, never ridden before. Mud trails, stone trails, river crossings, rickety bridges and nose-scraping up trails I m ready for all these, I m sure this trip will change my perception on how I view life itself, I ll be a changed man. The cold and uncertain trails are beckoning.. there I must go...See you for now.. will post the pics..if I come back alive..haha

2 comments:

  1. Gud to see u at blogspot. Seems ur mind;s set to roll. BTW nice article.
    Swapan's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya..man I m all set to roll..gotta go ..gotta go..is all that my mind says...

    ReplyDelete